Avocado Season Is Here
Posted: 03/09/2017 | Filed under: Malaquias' Gardening Tips
- Avocados should be planted from March through June when the ground starts getting warm.
- They prefer to be planted in a sunny location with well-drained soil (if you have heavy soil, you should amend your soil before planting or plant your tree in a raised bed).
- In this area, all avocado trees are self-fruitful but they will produce more if you have A and B type.
- Avocados like infrequent deep watering, but be wary of overwatering as it can cause root rot.
- Avocados like to be fed during the growing season with a citrus/avocado fertilizer.
- All avocado trees need to be protected from hard frost. If you prune them back too hard when they’re young, they are susceptible to sunburn.
About Malaquias' Gardening Tips
Malaquias Vega, our in-house extraordinaire, will help you become a better gardener, by giving you useful, creative, and cost effective tips to maintain and grow your home garden.